FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
his International Standard specifies requirements for Food Safety Management System (ISO 22000). It is related to the presence of food borne hazards in food at the point of consumption.The requirements in the standard are generic and applicable to any size of the organization.
ISO 22000:2005 Certification, About ISO 22000:2005 Standard ProcessThe standard is divided into eight clauses. Clause 1 to 3 refers to Scope, Normative Reference andTerms and Definition respectively.
Subsequent clauses 4 to 8 focus on Food Safety Management System,Management Responsibility, Resource Management,Planning and Realization of Safe Products and Validation, Verification and Improvement of the food safety management system.
The standard is applicable to all organizations directly or indirectly involved in one of the stages, related to the food chain, intending implementing a management system that would guarantee food safety for consumers.
Benefits of ISO 22000:2005 (FSMS) Certification
1. This makes ISO 22000:2005 more than a set of standards. It’s a business- building tool for organizations wishing to extend their reach.
2. Provide a more logical and structured approach to food safety management.
3. Gain easier access to global markets.
4. ISO 22000:2005 tackles key issues in the food supply chain, each contributing to an organization’s ongoing business performance in relation to food safety management.
5. Clear communication across the entire supply chain.
6. Traceability – identification of an organization’s impact on food safety within the supply chain.
7. Control/reduction of food safety hazards.
8. Management of food safety risks.