ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM STANDARD
This International Standard specifies requirements for Environmental Management ISO 14001 Certification, ISO 14001:2015 standard System (ISO 14001), to enable an organization to develop and implement a policy and objective which take into account legal requirements and other requirements and other requirements which the organization subscribes. The system applies to those environmental aspects that the organization identifies and those which it can control. The system aims in monitoring the legal requirement.
ISO 14001:2015 standard is divided into four clauses. Clause 1 to 3 is general clause which is related to Scope, Normative and Terms and Definitions. Clause 4 (Environmental Management System Requirements) is subdivided into 06 sub clauses General Requirement, Environmental policy, Planning, Implementation and Operation, Checking and Management Review. The system focuses on continual improvement.
Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification
1.Customers and consumers, stakeholders and shareholders are increasingly demanding environmentally sound products and services.
2. Environmental legislation is getting stricter
3. A certified environmental management system (EMS)/ISO 14001 not only monitors and optimises the environmental aspects of a company’s business activities but also proves that the company cares about the environment.
4. ISO 14001 is the globally accepted EMS standard. By fulfilling its certification requirements, companies can demonstrate their commitment to the environment and profit from the guidance the standard provides on more effective environmental management.
5. Reduced risk of environmental incidents.
6. Improved relationships with customers, government bodies and the general public Better use of energy and resources